Since I took the commitment of talking about culture, ( yeah, I haven't finished Dune yet...it's quite tiresome), I had the idea of talking about Memes. be it you love them or hate them, be it love-hate them be it grilled cheese (yum) it's almost impossible to go through two points of the internet without bumping into them.But first: what is a Meme?
A meme is an idea style or behavior that has been spread through speech.
In a modern sense a meme is an internet phenomenon originating from anywhere on the internet.
A troll face is a meme.
Me gusta is a meme.
Every darn thing on sites like 9gag and memebase is a meme.
Memes aren't a hard concept to grasp, often reflecting real life events and stereotypes(Good Guy Greg or Asian Dad) or completely surreal aberrations (Raptor Jesus, Rebecca Black and Techno Viking).
This makes them easily spread and easily created, which allows everybody to contribute to the hype.This also allows a shit tone of people to take them, butcher the concept and create despicable mutations which only reflect vulgar and less-than-sensible variations that are worthy of lama spit and hippopotamus poop being sprayed over their faces.
Other dumb-fucks only copy them and repost them on other websites, taking all the credit for themselves; that's low.
I'm extremely happy to acknowledge that I'm tired and over them, I've been following them for 3 years now and after a while you realize that it's all fun and well when you read them casually, but God forsake you start quoting them or using them excessively because, I, my friend will kill you and eat your ribs with mustard and chili sauce. You have been warned.

No comments:
Post a Comment